Brands are jumping into the metaverse head first. But what is it? And what are the legal risks and issues? How can you protect your clients’ marks in the metaverse, and how might use in the metaverse threaten a trademark outside of it? Join presenter Nerissa Coyle McGinn of Loeb & Loeb for an overview of the most recent Web 3.0 developments and the legal issues that brands and agencies need to tackle in the metaverse. Questions the presenter answers include:
- What are brands doing in the metaverse?
- Who has jurisdiction over the metaverse?
- What are best practices for protecting marks in the metaverse?
- How can brands enforce their rights in the metaverse?
- What are the issues with licensing in the metaverse?