Intellectual property rights allow designers to gain financial benefit and recognition for their creations. In this webinar, Joan Davis of Schroder Brooks Law Firm leads Shivani Honwad of The Law Firm of Shivani Honwad, Abraham Lichy of The Lichy Law Firm, and Zuzana Šimonovská of Simonovska Intellectual Property in a discussion of best practices for protecting fashion brands and designs. The four fashion law gurus provide guidelines and suggestions for success in the fashion law world and discuss leading copyright and trademark case law including:
- What types of IP protection are best suited for protecting fashion brands
- How to best advise fashion industry clients to create protectable IP
- What types of oppositions to registration you’re likely to encounter and how to respond to them
- Discussion of relevant case law, including Louboutin v. Yves Saint Laurent and Star Athletica v. Varsity Brands
- Tips for entering into and succeeding in the fashion IP law arena
Watch the recording here (registration required).