All trademark attorneys receive office actions in response to their trademark applications from time to time. While some office actions just require a simple disclaimer or have an administrative issue that’s easily overcome, others sound like a death knell. Whether your office action is administrative or substantive, your response is critical. How you respond can determine whether or not your clients receive trademark protection. Join seasoned Trademark attorney Rachel Brenke as she walks you through what to do when you receive a dreaded office action. Topics will include:
- How to understand and categorize office actions
- Resources for finding sample office action responses
- A simple playbook for responding to common types of office actions
- How to pivot trademark applications to increase chances of registration
- What to do when your response to a final office action is rejected
Watch recording here (registration required).