The craft beer business has boomed into a $29 billion market with over 8,000 “craft” breweries in the US. With 250,000 IPAs alone, names and branding have become a massive issue for these small and medium-sized businesses. The disproportionate ratio of TTAB decisions concerning beer or beverages attests to the scope of the problem. Seth Gardenswartz, co-founder of Blackgarden Law, leads this crisp and refreshing webinar. He begins with an overview of the craft beer industry and provides a flight of the issues facing it. Then he pours over the bitter challenges facing brewers and craft beverage companies and serves up a taste of the common issues you may encounter while working with these clients. Additionally, he provides some tips on how to develop a high gravity practice in the craft marketplace. Specifically, he covers:
- What types of office actions are you most likely to receive
- Which kinds of responses work and which are a waste of time (and client money)
- How to do effective pre-filing clearance for beverages
- How to help your clients develop a brand and name strategy
- How to meet clients in your market
Watch recording here (registration required).
Be sure to check out Seth’s curated craft beer list.