Alt Legal IP News – Issue #39
Hannah Samendinger | May 23, 2017
We have a shorter newsletter than usual this week. Our team is in Barcelona for the annual INTA conference. I’ve included some IP news highlights below and we will be back to our regularly scheduled programming next week!
– Tinder is opposing Shinder, the name of a dating app built for one man.
– “No Line. No Checkout. (No, Seriously).” A filing at the UK IP office shows Amazon’s plans for European groceries.
– KitKat lost another battle to trademark the four-fingered shape.
– Mad Magazine is arguing Time ripped off one of their covers.
– Here’s an interesting read on the hidden meanings behind some famous logos.
– And a quick peek of the team at INTA (or posing for our next album cover):