Alt Legal IP News – Issue #211
Bri Van Til | October 21, 2020
Counterfeits of Rage
– To combat counterfeits sold on its platform, eBay will start authenticating shoes listed for over $100. This is an expansion of its watch authenticity program.
– President Trump has issued a memo aimed at combatting the sale of counterfeits on online platforms.
– Police in Italy have broken up a counterfeit wine ring (not that thing you put on your glass to show that it’s yours).
– The USPTO has apparently dismissed some patent petitions as untimely even though they were submitted before the deadline.
– The Supreme Court is going to take up the question of whether PTAB judges are constitutionally appointed.
– Curious about cannabis patents? Check out this primer. Curious about cannabis trademarks? Come to Alt Legal Connect next week! Use the code “newsletter” for a discount.
Not without My Permission!
– The estate of rapper Nipsey Hussle is suing Crips LLC (no affiliation with the street gang) for infringement of his THE MARATHON CONTINUES trademark.
– USPTO trademark examiners have denied several WWE applications because they need consent from the talent whose stage names they’re trying to trademark.
– An anonymous customer of ours is looking for a paralegal.
– Get with the Times and be their contracts counsel.
– This law firm is Foley committed to finding professional responsibility counsel. I don’t know what that job entails, but it sounds serious!
– Achievers is looking for counsel. I think they want folks right between over-achievers and under-achievers.
– As legal counsel, you would be a Kia employee-a for this company-a.
– Have an open role on your team? Send a link to your job listing to email@example.com, and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter.
Odds and Ends
– Is it 007:00? Check on your $50,000 James Bond commemorative watch. The movie isn’t here yet, but the licensed merchandising is!
– Warn your clients to beware of fake EUTM renewal invoices.
– Phil Collins sent a cease and desist order Collin(g) on the President to stop using his songs at campaign rallies.
– This is your last week to buy tickets for Alt Legal Connect. Don’t miss out on attending our first ever virtual conference. It’s going to be AMAZING! Use the code “newsletter” for a discount.