Alt Legal IP News – Issue #206
Bri Van Til | September 16, 2020
– Come join Alt Legal and Panda Restaurant Group’s GC and IP Counsel next week for a webinar to learn about trademark protection in the restaurant industry.
– Do patents threaten small seed companies? What about companies that sell large seeds, like the coco de mer, which can get up to a foot long and weigh 40 pounds?!
– In November, we’re having a webinar about IP protection in the craft beer industry. Seth Gardenswartz has even included a recommended beer list for the happy hour following (or for the webinar if you’re so inclined). It’ll be a hoppin’ good time!
– Whether you’re looking to develop a client-centered law firm, to bootstrap your practice, or to give your practice its own “wow factor,” come to Alt Legal Connect in October to hear from top trademark practitioners. Use the code “newsletter” for a discount.
– Check out WTR’s collection of recommendations for becoming and remaining a successful practitioner.
– Having the world’s best trademarking skills does you no good if you don’t have clients. Come to Alt Legal Connect to learn how digital marketing can help you grow your practice and how to ensure you don’t get in ethical trouble with the USPTO. Remember to use “newsletter” for a discount!
– If you’re looking for practical ways to defend a dot-com trademark, hear all about Jonathan Moskin’s successful arguments in the Booking.com case.
Beyond Our Borders
– Read all about Vietnam’s attempts to protect IP at its borders.
– Did you know that 76% of the patents in India in the past 13 years were filed by foreign companies?
– There are 54 countries in Africa, and their IP systems differ significantly, but here’s a guide.
– HP (which, sadly, is not Harry Potter) is looking for an IP chief.
– If you have the Energy to apply, this Department is looking for a patent attorney.
– I’m not sure whether this senior legal specialist position at Adobe would let you work from your abode.
– The University of Illinois at Chicago‘s Center for IP is looking for a visiting law fellow. I’m sure they don’t mean only men can apply, though.
– Have an open role on your team? Send a link to your job listing to email@example.com, and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter.
Odds and Ends
– Apparently nostalgic logos are groovy again. They’re happenin’. They’re bodacious. They’re the bomb.
– Efforts are still underway to protect and own Black Lives Matter and the terms used by the movement. For more about previous efforts, read our article here.
– If you’re planning on attending the INTA virtual meeting, make sure to sign up by today so that you can get early access to the networking!