Alt Legal IP News – Issue #142
Bri Van Til | June 11, 2019
– Post-Brexit, the UK patent system may need some reform. Here is one proposal.
– An artist created the Australian Aboriginal flag but then licensed the work to a clothing brand, which is now causing problems for Aboriginal organizations.
– Penguin Random House is in hot water with an English professor because he claims“they chose commerce over decency” when choosing to publish a literary classic.
– Peloton is facing a potential setback in its ongoing patent infringement dispute with Flywheel.
– Michelin wants to ensure you’ll never get a flat again.
All Kinds of Art
– Does interior design have an intellectual property problem?
– Kid Cudi and Kanye West are facing a copyright infringement claim and arguing fair use.
– Fruit breeders are forming an alliance to combat intellectual property infringement.
Odds and Ends
– On Monday the Supreme Court sided with an Alabama tech company in their dispute with the USPS.
– Would you agree that these are the nine most notorious copyright cases?
– Tom Brady regrets filing that “Tom Terrific” trademark application.
– Some companies add fake sounds to their products to impact consumers’ perceptions, and sometimes those sounds become brand identifiers.