Alt Legal IP News – Issue #124
Bri Van Til | January 29, 2019
It’s Called Fashion
– Google is acquiring Fossil’s smartwatch technology for $40 million.
– How long will it be until this $40 dress leads to a lawsuit?
– A major fashion company wrongly sent a cease and desist for a domain name, collusion.so.
On Your Phone
– Your iPhone might soon replace your carbon monoxide detector.
– Amazon is working on a virtual dressing room.
– Gigi Hadid is in hot water, again, for posting copyright-protected photos of herself on her Instagram.
– A new Supreme Court patent ruling provided a big win for generic drug makers.
– Google is hoping the Supreme Court will help them reverse the Federal Circuit’s controversial Oracle ruling.
Odds and Ends
– Are you feeling lucky? The company who infringed Google’s “I’m feeling lucky” button certainly wasn’t.
– This is an interesting video on the most sampled loop in music history.
– A photographer is suing the Georgia Attorney General’s campaign over unauthorized use of his photographs.
– Rapunzel is at the center of an ongoing and interesting TTAB dispute.