Alt Legal IP News – Issue #123
Justin Wickersham | January 22, 2019
– What is the future of weed?
– You can’t compare apples to cannabis.
– Thai officials are striking down foreign firms’ medical marijuana patent applications.
– A federal judge is unsealing court records that may reveal a patent troll’s complex machinations.
– Amid trade talks, a White House advisor is continuing to receive Chinese trademark registrations.
– Canada’s new trademark rules are almost here.
– A DJ was granted a trademark registration for “6IX,” despite opposition from Drake.
– Rihanna is suing her father over the name of his entertainment company.
Odds and Ends
– Do you ever wish you could go back to the days when you had a Motorola Razr?
– PepsiCo and a moonshine distillery are disputing the rights to use the phrase “Mountain Dew.”
– A new fashion exhibit raises some interesting questions about gray areas in IP and how IP can be a force for good.
– Trade talks between the US and China are falling short of solving some IP issues.