Alt Legal Webinar 2(D)iscover Potential Infringement: Using Alt Legal's §2(d) Watch Effectively
Alt Legal Team | February 17, 2022
This webinar was recorded on February 17, 2022.
Trademark applications are on the rise, and now more than ever, you need to be extra-vigilant in monitoring your clients’ marks for potential infringement. Trademark monitoring services are an essential part of the process, but what type of service should you choose and what steps should you take once a mark has been flagged as potentially infringing? In this webinar, Alt Legal Marketing Specialist and former trademark attorney Saryn Koche and Alt Legal Director of Customer Success Sophia Ottinger will walk you through the various types of trademark watch services, guide you through using Alt Legal’s §2(d) Trademark Watch, and provide an overview of opposition strategies. Topics will include:
- Use cases and costs of traditional watch services
- How make the best use of Alt Legal’s §2(d) Trademark Watch
- Opposition strategies, including an overview of the new Letter of Protest procedures outlined in the TMA
Watch the recording here (registration required).
You can download all of the webinar materials here.
- How to Use Alt Legal’s Section 2(d) Trademark Watch Service to Generate New Business and Impress Your Clients
- Policing your clients’ marks with a §2(d) Watch Service and More
- In 2(d)eep: How to Effectively Respond to 2(d) Refusals
- Alt Legal Connect Session Summary: Spring into (Office) Action: Dealing with and Overcoming OA Refusals
- USPTO Update: Trademark Public Advisory Committee (TPAC) Quarterly Meeting
- Economy Dips, Trademark Applications Soar: Yet Another Unexpected Outcome of 2020
- Combating Fake Specimens, Trademark Clutter and Depletion: An Interview with NYU Law Professor Jeanne Fromer
- Letters of Protest: Provide Convincing Evidence for Successful LOPs
- Letters of Protest: Practical Tips for Filing a Successful LOP
- USPTO Implements Trademark Modernization Act (TMA) Final Rule
- A Coordinated Effort: How to use the USPTO’s Coordinated Classes to perform better knock out searches
- Alt Legal Connect Session: In High Demand: Crafting effective and creative demand letters
- Alt Legal Connect Session Summary: Be Fab with TTAB: Tips for Successfully Pursuing, Defending, and Settling TTAB Disputes
- Overcoming a §2(d) Likelihood of Confusion Office Action: Part 2: Entering into a Consent Agreement with Parties Cited in Refusal
- How to Use a Trademark Consent Agreement to Overcome a 2(d) Refusal
- Alt Legal Connect Session Summary: Building a Subscription Practice
Saryn Koche, Marketing Specialist, Alt Legal
Saryn Koche is a Marketing Specialist at Alt Legal, where she enjoys providing solutions and content to make trademark professionals’ lives easier and their practices more efficient. Because she previously practiced as an IP and trademark attorney at several NYC-based law firms, Saryn understands the needs of trademark professionals. She is always excited to share Alt Legal with trademark practitioners because it’s a tool she wished she had when she was in practice.
Sophia Ottinger, Director of Customer Success, Alt Legal
When Sophia Ottinger was in utero, her mother was touching a computer and got struck by lightning, which imparted in Sophia the magic ability to intuitively understand all things tech. Fortunately for us and the world, Sophia only uses this ability for good as the Director of Customer Support at Alt Legal. Before finding her calling as a tech whisperer, Sophia got an art degree and attended law school. She and her wife have all the pets.